Chapter 11 - Summary
Consuming sales tax related services can be considered mission-critical, especially when making calculation queries through the AvaTax product. As a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service provider, Avalara understands the need to ensure that our services are available continuously and respond in a timely manner. Avalara’s Server Status can be viewed publicly at status.avalara.com. This page outlines the availability of the service, current performance in terms of response time and a historical view of the availability for the past week.
- Your software must be able to handle a timeout and retry the transaction.
- If your software allows fallback to a default tax rate, your program must store transactions for later reconciliation using a TaxOverride.
Your software should be able to pass these integration tests:
- 11.1.1- Detecting a Dropped Connection
- 11.2.1 - Retry or Fallback
- 11.4.1 - Reconcile Transactions After Outage